J-B Wood Restore Premium Epoxy Putty
Wood Repair Compound
- Permanent High Strength Repair
- Fills and Adds Structural Integrity
- Paint in 1 Hour
- Exterior and Interior
- Rotted or Damaged Wood
- Repairs to Doors, Windows and Furniture
- Exterior Columns, Posts and Window Frames and Sills
- Large Cracks and Major Repairs
J-B Weld Wood Restore Premium Epoxy Putty – Repair Compound is a hand mixable epoxy putty specially formulated to repair and rebuild wood quickly and easily. When applied it adds structural strength to areas of damaged or rotted wood. It can be used to fill, build, reinforce or bond wood surfaces. After mixing, it forms a polymer compound that cures to the same density as wood. It may be used for exterior or interior applications; contains no solvents; will not rot, shrink, crack or pull away. After 60 minutes, it can be sanded, tapped, machined, dripped, filed and painted.
Before applying, remove loose and rotted wood. We recommend that you seal and solidify the rotted wood surfaces with J-B Weld’s Wood Restore Liquid Hardener or Premium Liquid Epoxy and then follow these easy steps.
With provided gloves on, scoop out equal amounts of the required amount of the Part A and Part B Premium Epoxy Putty. Mix ratio is 1:1.
Mix thoroughly by kneading with the spreader or gloved fingers until a uniform color appears.
Apply to surface to be filled or repaired. Press in the material firmly, sculpturing and contouring to the desired surface appearance. Allow to cure. Finish with sanding using medium followed by fine grit sandpaper.
* For best results dampen the material for easier mixing and application achieving a smooth appearance of the cured compound. Remove any excess material before hardening begins to reduce excess sanding and finishing.
- Download MSDS